Bottoms Up! is a home based/peer learning tuition programme which is a shift away from drills. Bottoms Up! aims to provide children with enrichment work and exam preparations towards life skills such as teamwork, public speaking and creative thinking as that is a positive move in the direction of education for our children. Tutees of Bottoms Up! a.k.a Bottoms Uppers have gained motivation towards learning, greater confidence and a clearer sense of their personal goals.

Saturday, January 2, 2010

A Thoughtful Boy

I was doing some spring cleaning when I came across a rather familiar old book which I think belonged to my elder brother. The pages of the book have already turned yellowish. As I was browsing through the book, I realised that I have left a dog ear on one particular page. (I am not a bookmark person, as you can see.) Instantly, the short funny story from Japan brought back memories. I remembered sharing this story with my tutees and they laughed. Some of them cheekily suggested to their other friends that they should do what the boy did to their parents! Haha!
It's 2010 people and I am already looking forward to sharing more funny stories with my tutees come next week! :)
Happy New Year!
Cheers.

Nura

A Thoughtful Boy

Little Taro came home from school and said to his father,
"Dad, what would you do if I said I got one hundred percent in arithmetic today?"
"What? A perfect score? Oh, I would faint away,"said the father.
"You see, I don't want you to faint. That's why I restrained myself from getting more than fifty," answered the boy.

Extracted from 'Jokes, Riddles & Proverbs from Asia & the Pacific'